Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravi999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Hi, i was wondering if anyone can help,

this is my frist mac and im having a few problems with configuring outlook 2011 on it. im using the correct imap settings and all my credentials are ok because i used the exact same ones when i was using the windows version of outlook. and i keep getting this same error

"The server for account "Qmul" returned the error "Login only available under a layer." Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password?"

i know its not my credentials since they have worked in windows outlook and its not the server because i even tried to configure my personal yahoo account on it and it still wont work.

has anyone had any luck with this?
Thanks

Ravi

rcorai

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Argentina
I'm using this without any problem. Post a snapshot of your settings and I will compare with mine. Hide private info. ;)

ravi999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
hi mate, thanks iv attached the screenshot..let me know what you think

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    604.4 KB · Views: 316

ravi999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
hey..thanks for the tip..but unfortunately its didn't work...im still getting the same error

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Weird

hey..thanks for the tip..but unfortunately its didn't work...im still getting the same error

But it varies from ISP to ISP, check your's for the recommended settings, alter the ports (Usually 993 incoming) and....465 (default outgoing) or 578 outgoing if that won't work.

I'm in the UK but one thing I did notice was it took a couple of close and opens of the application to nudge it's dumb Windoze way of doing thins into life!

ravi999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
hey,

no that didnt work either, im using the recomended port that i was given but thats not working either and i had reinstalled office but thats not working either

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.