Outlook 2011 POP3 support

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xhitskwadx, Sep 21, 2010.

1. xhitskwadx macrumors newbie

Hi I've read around the forums a bit and found some discussion on connectivity for sending/recieving emails via Outlook.

Is it true that POP3 support is not going to happen with Outloook for Mac 2011?

I have been testing the software and am able to recieve emails from my Godaddy POP3 but can not send anything out.

Is there an email/calendar/notes client out there that is close to Outlooks functionality?

I am a nub as this is my first Mac and would really like to know what else is out there that is comparable and combines the features mentioned earlier.

PS: So far I love the OS and the speed...My custom built PC has shut down for the last time...

Thanks,

Jeremy

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Outlook:Mac supports POP.

That probably means that you've got your settings wrong somewhere. Check 'em and try again.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. xhitskwadx thread starter macrumors newbie

Nadyne,

Thanks for the reply. I mirrored the settings on Mac's Mail and still am not able to send out emails. Is there a similar all in one email, calendar, notes type program for Mac?

Thanks in advance

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Then POP is working fine. Outgoing mail is handled by SMTP, and you must just have something wrong in your settings or Godaddy isn't working properly. Double-check the settings again, look for small differences (typos are common, but you can also have missed a checkbox or something, perhaps even a setting that Mail doesn't have). If necessary, go to Godaddy's help system and find the instructions there for setting up Outlook on a PC, should be the same steps mostly.

jW

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

You've got something set wrong....POP and SMTP are working fine for me.

6. Vivere Somnium macrumors newbie

Outlook 2011 | Godaddy IMAP Folders

Outlook 2011 -- GoDaddy email -- IMAP Folders

OK, after spending only half a day to crack this IMAP folders - GoDaddy email setup -- the answer lies in your GoDaddy email account settings. To enable GoDaddy emails to handle IMAP you need to upgrade your email plan to "Unlimited". The "Deluxe" only handles POP3 but not IMAP. You can check what you already have when you're in your Work Space email account, go to "Help / Email Client Settings". Both plans handle SMTPOUT -- which is confusing when setting up in Outlook 2011 because your emails are being sent, but not received, and everything should be working??? Since it also appears Outlook 2011 has dropped POP3, which is what I was using before with GoDaddy email accounts.

Once you have upgraded to an "Unlimited" email plan, set the IMAP settings in Outlook 2011, then close and reopen Outlook 2011 and voila -- your IMAP folders should now be there.

Enjoy!

7. bacman macrumors newbie

Pop3 in Go Daddy

I have tired several times to set up my GoDaddy domain thru Office Mac 2011 but still not working. I used in Office 2007 with no problems.

I do think we should be able to set it up as my Cox Communications Pop e-amil is working fine.

8. xhitskwadx thread starter macrumors newbie

Outlook 2011 - Any new news?

Hi and thank you guys for the tips. I have all but given up on making Outlook 2011 send emails. I do not feel I have to upgrade my Godaddy's email account to deluxe in order to send emails. Every other email program I've used works including Thunderbird and older versions of Outlook.

Does anyone know a work around? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Use the correct settings for your account.

10. xhitskwadx thread starter macrumors newbie

Settings

Thanks for the response but I have checked, rechecked, gave up, and then came back again. Tried different scenarios as far as snmp out goes but still unable to send anything.

All other PC's, Iphone, Ipad, and earlier versions of outlook seem to work okay. I guess I'll have to upgrade my Godaddy POP3 to IMAP (deluxe). sux!!! :mad: