Outlook 2011 Schedule Deletion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by estlerg, Nov 6, 2013.

1. estlerg, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

estlerg macrumors newbie

estlerg

I just installed MS Office for Mac 2011, created some scheduled events (e.g., Send and Receive All) then decided to delete one. However, I can't delete it (the "–" function doesn't do anything) and when I disable it, it comes back enabled on the next start of Outlook. Any ideas on how to delete it?

UPDATE: The schedule I was trying to delete is "Send & Receive All" that appears to be a default schedule. I wanted to delete it because I want it set to receive mail from each of my 4 email accounts but instead of holding the list of the 4 accounts, it lists 3 and then repeats the third rather than reflecting the 4th account. The 4th account is a POP account.

ANOTHER UPDATE: I also note that my selection of the Default Account will not stick. I'll choose an account to be default but when I go back to Preferences/Accounts, there is not account set to be default.

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

You can't delete the default schedules.

IMAP accounts are not set in Schedules now but in Accounts under Advanced tab. Select server and set time. It defaults to every 2 minutes but some services like Gmail and Yahoo balk at connecting at 2 min.

Only POP accounts are setup in Schedules now. If you still see IMAP in Schedules, you can remove. It's a left over. Seems this change came with SP2.

Be sure you are fully updated to9 14.3.8.