Outlook 2011 - Sub-Folders Emails missing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AFPoster, Feb 17, 2012.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I have my Microsoft Exchange E-mail running through Outlook 2011. In my Inbox I have several sub-folders and in this case I will show an example so that this will hopefully make sense.

Inbox
    - Bills
    - Car
    - Receipts

Now on my Phone I get that same view when looking only at my Exchange account however when I click on Bills or Receipts no e-mails show up even though their is e-mails in those folders.

Does anyone have any idea why they aren't showing on my phone and what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

2. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

No one knows? I can't be the only person with this issue and if I am I'm playing the lottery tonight.

3. colettesaxby macrumors newbie

Have you set it up on your phone as a pop account? If you want to have the folders and manage it then try setting up as IMAP. The POP setting wont show folders

4. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

It's setup as an Exchange account not Pop or IMAP. I think the issue is "Mail Days to Sync" mines stuck at 1 month and for some reason I'm missing the No-Limit selection.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

6. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think this makes sense. Why would a hosted exchange admin limit your access to e-mails on a mobile platform? I use GoDaddy and maybe they do something screwed up like this and if so this would be recent since I used to get these e-mails until I restored my iPhone.

Still doing more research so if anyone knows that would be great.

7. Ainkor macrumors newbie

There are two places to set the days to download.

First is in Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars --> Look at the mail section. I have mine set at 1000, the max available there.

Second is when from that same area you press on your specific mail account and scroll down to Mail Days to Sync. I have mine set for 1 Month, but you can select no limit at the top of the list if you are on iOS 5 (may be earlier ones, but I don't have a device on them to check).

Further, if you have rules set up in exchange to automatically move items into their folders, you can press the Mail Folders to Push setting and select which folders you would like to be pushed.

If none of that works, then sorry man!

8. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Done both with no luck. I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0.1 and I don't have a "No Limit" choice. I don't know if it was removed or if I'm just unlucky. I've restored my phone 4x in 1 week to try and get it with no luck.

9. ryanh11 macrumors newbie

same

I am having the exact same issue. Except mine is with icloud. But there is no days to sync option at all. I have iPhone 4 with 5.0.1. I also have an exchange account for work and have tried the above suggested solutions, but to no avail.

10. MessagingTech macrumors newbie

Same issue - Exchange 2010

I had a user call today experiencing this issue and realized that it is missing on multiple devices all running 5.0-5.1.1.

I discovered that immediatley after adding the Exchange account, go right back into "Mail Days to Sync" and No Limit will appear at the top. Within a few seconds the option will disappear. This seems to corelate to the option "Mail Folders to Push" appearing. Once you set the No Limit option, it will still be in affect even after the opton is gone.

11. BtBrim macrumors newbie

Loss of Sub-Folders: NOT using Exchange

Mid-2010 MBP using Mountain Lion and Outlook 2011.

Only since updating from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion did I start having problems with sub-menus disappearing from Outlook 2011. It happens inconsistently, but most often after I've brought the machine out of screen saver mode. I have to quit Outlook and reopen.

So far Mountain Lion has seemingly caused a number of issues for me. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.