Outlook 2011 - Task Disappeared

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobflood, Nov 23, 2010.

1. bobflood macrumors newbie

Please can anybody with Outlook 2011 experience help ...

Outlook has been working fine for me since release day, but last night I'm sure I did something (wrong) that caused my Tasks to disappear from view.

I'm syncing to an exchange server account.

I'd updated a couple of tasks (within Outlook) and 'right-clicked' on 'Tasks' in the LH panel intending to choose 'Synchronise Now' ...

... but, I must have clicked on something else, because all my task disappeared from view !!!

I know they're still 'there' because they're still present on the exchange server and are syncing to my iPhone / other machines fine !

I've tried creating a new task - it doesn't show up in Outlook 2011 but appears on my other machines via the server !

I've tried re-building the database, deleting / re-installing the exchange server account, and I'v checked that all display filters etc are released - nothing seems to work.

Any idea as to what I might have done to suppress task display ?

Please ...

2. niboned macrumors newbie

Solved, for me...

Here's how I fixed this:
    On the Mac, I created a subfolder in Tasks called "Backups"
    I then did a {command-A} to select all the tasks and moved all the tasks from the main folder to the backup folder (if there are some left behind after the move, they are suspect and may be why your sync failed. Get rid of them if they won't copy.)
    I quit Outlook 2011 and restarted.
    I them moved all the tasks back into the main tasks folder
    After a 10 minutes, I checked Outlook 2007 for Windows and my tasks had synced back!!
    So far, so good.

3. bobflood thread starter macrumors newbie

niboned,

Thanks for feedback, but I'm not sure I can perform this fix ...

I can create a backup folder on my mac but I can't see any tasks against the original folder and Ctrl + A doesn't select.

Did you perform this on fix via your Mac or a windows PC ?

4. hypert macrumors newbie

A possible fix

This just happened to me (new Outlook 2011 user, longtime Outlook 2007 user). I had to go into Outlook 2011 and un-Categorize all my Tasks, and then re-Categorize them, for Outlook 2007 to see them again. Something about the first time Outlook 2011 loaded those tasks made them invisible to Outlook 2007.

If you use more than one Category, only perform the above steps on a single Category at a time. Unless, of course, you can remember what Category every one of your Tasks should be set back to.

5. Nenad1 macrumors newbie

Outlook Tasks Lost - HELP!

We have microsoft office outlook 2003. In the calendar we put a number of tasks and appointments the night before; and came in today and all of my information was deleted or lost.

I am trying to search in Outlook where I can recover those files; can anybody help me?

We do regularily use Itunes to synchonize iPhone S with the outlook calendar, but now everything is gone on both systems. We have never had this problem before.

Thanks for your help!