Outlook 2011 vs Apple Mail 4.3?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayneholbrook, Nov 1, 2010.

?

Apple Mail or Outlook 2011

Poll closed Dec 1, 2010.
  1. Sticking with Apple Mail

85.7%
  2. Outlook is better

14.3%
  1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

I got Outlook the first day it was released on the 26th. It looks very nice but I'm not sure if it's just me but Apple Mail just seems easier. I do like that you can flag emails and put them off for a certain day. It doesn't appear that I can do that with Apple Mail. Other than a few things I still feel that Apple Mail is easier and works so much better with mobile me.

I bought Outlook because my work is on pc's and use outlook, but honestly I don't know if I see a difference in what I use when I send co-workers emails from Apple Mail.

Any other thoughts as to which is better????

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

"Better" is a subjective quality and can only be determined by you. Do not rely on others to tell you what is better or worse; go with whatever works best for you.

3. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Ok, Outlook has been out for a little while now. Any new thoughts?

4. netbeans macrumors newbie

Apple Mail

I'm sticking with Apple Mail. Somehow it seems easier (to me at least)

Outlook cannot sync to iCal & Notes, are the deal breaker for me.

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Too complicated. I stick with Apple Mail.

6. Ballis macrumors 6502a

Outlook is far better. Apple mail does not work with (even though it allows you to add) more than one exchange account. That just sucks. In that respect, ios mail is even better. As much as I love Apple, I gotta say their mail app is useless.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I like Apple mail much better, then again my mail needs are basic.

I have plenty of experience with outlook but mostly because I work in IT and fix it ALL the time. Its a very unstable piece of software but some people require all of the features that it has. If Apple mail meets your needs and you like it better, go with Apple mail, but if you require some of the stuff that outlook does, then unfortunately you will be stuck with that : /

8. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Recently upgraded to Office for Mac 2011 and Outlook 2011. Personally, I prefer Outlook over Apple Mail.

Don't get me wrong, Apple Mail is good, dang good. For my situation, Outlook just seems to fit my needs just a little better.

True it doesn't sync with iCal, and the original poster is correct that Apple Mail is easier. But for someone that switched from Windows, and uses Outlook daily at work, it's just a little more "friendly" for me.

'course....it helps that the company I work for participates in the Microsoft HUP program. Couldn't pass up getting Office for Mac for $10.