Outlook 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by foulmouthedleon, Apr 11, 2011.

1. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Is this only available with the rest of Office 2011?

The only thing keeping me tied to my PC is my years worth of emails and now that Macs have Outlook, I’m going to bite the bullet. Can this be purchased independently of Office or do you need to purchase the whole “Premium” Office suite?

This would be a perfect download from the App store, by the way.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Unlike the Windows version of Office, where you can buy it altogether or individually, with Mac you have to get it all at once. There are only two basic choices, Home & Student which just has Excel, Word and Powerpoint, or the Home & Business version which has Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook. God forbid you should buy the Home & student and then later, after they fix Outlook want to get Outlook. You'll have to buy the whole thing over again.

It's a shame what Microsoft has done with these apps, and to think Excel, Word and PowerPoint were originally developed for the Mac, now they are like the red headed stepchild of Microsoft Office Apps.

I think Microsoft should have Outlook available separately like they do in the PC World. That way those that bought the Home and Student version can add Outlook if they so desire.

4. nesl247 macrumors member

I know it doesn't help, but Outlook actually is available separately, but not to consumers. It's only available to partners such as Exchange Hosts. So maybe they'll make it available eventually.