Outlook 2013 still separate pst?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by charlien, Sep 9, 2014.

1. charlien macrumors 6502

A year or two ago I installed iCloud on my windows pc to sync contacts and calendar with i devices. I found it created a new pst file and that caused a bunch of problems for me. For example, I use a GoToMeeting addin to create calendar events. It would add the calendar event into the old pst and I would not see the calendar event in my iOS devices. Has the process been improved?

2. campyguy macrumors 68040

Outlook 2013 is a different beast altogether. You didn't offer what application you were having issues with - 2013 handles accounts differently than all previous versions. I'm having success with 2013, so much happier with it than any previous version.

You really should read this web page, which addresses how Outlook 2013 deals with types of accounts and how they're handled by default - it should address your workflow question. It helped me when it was posted.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...tlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-HA102749465.aspx