Outlook app and deleted messages

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by hronists, Mar 12, 2015.

1. hronists macrumors newbie

Hello all!

I am using Outlook app and was quite satisfied. However I ran into following problem - if I delete email on my mac mail app, it does not disappear from Outlook inbox.

I have my own domain and Roundcube webmail. If I delete email from web - it disappears everywhere. If I delete email from Outlook - it disappears everywhere.

If I delete email from mac mail app it disappear in webmail inbox, but is still in Outlook inbox. If I check Outllok Trash folder - deleted email is copied there, but it also stay in inbox.

this is kinda frustrating because of I have to delete emails twice - on computer and on phone. Are there any configuration hints I don't know?

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Have you tested this with other mail accounts?

3. hronists thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I haven't tested, because I don't have other imap accounts.

I deleted everything to start over and now I cannot even add smtp server. Something is clearly wrong with this app.

4. hronists thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, outlook decided to stop playing games and fixed itself. Strange piece of software from microsoft.

5. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

I've been seeing a problem with the Outlook app syncing with my iCloud email account. If I delete or archive a message using the Mail app on my MBP, the message will remain in Outlook's Inbox for hours before finally moving to the appropriate folder. In the Mail app on my iPhone, the change is immediate.

I've been exchanging emails with Outlook tech support, who has had me delete and re-enter accounts, clear the app's cache, and use "@me.com" instead of "@iCloud.com." The syncing has gotten a little faster, but it can still take hours. The tech said they were going to do a "reset" on their side, and will notify me when it has been completed.