Outlook Appointments

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CC424, Oct 10, 2010.

1. CC424 macrumors regular

Is it possible to forward my outlook appointments directly from my work pc to my iPad and the show up in the iPad calendar?

2. CC424 thread starter macrumors regular

So I guess there is no way to do it...I keep getting the attachment can not be opened.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Are you using Exchange with outlook? It's very easy to add an exchange account with mail and calendars.

4. CC424 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately my company will not let me configure and non company device on their exchange...

I get numerous invites to conference calls and meetings on my work email...I was hoping that I could just forward them to my personal email account and add the invite to my iPad calendar...this would help me be better organized and prepared, because I will always have my iPad with me.

5. SemlinaPilchard macrumors newbie

My company would have configured my work email for me but then I would always have to password unlock it, a la Blackberry. So I opted not to do that.

But they were happy to configure my Outlook diary to sync with the iPad calendar without any need for password, less of a security risk I guess.

So may be worth asking them if you can sync your calendar only but not email (it is selectable as to what is sync'ed when you set it up)?

6. SemlinaPilchard macrumors newbie

Hey, how come I'm suddenly a newbie with only 4 posts and an August joining date? I've been here for months!

7. CC424 thread starter macrumors regular

I have already asked that's why I am at this delimma.....

8. Touchstone64 macrumors regular

I got round this problem by installing GoogleSync on my work PC and syncing Exchange to Google there instead of at the Exchange server (you can choose one-way or both-ways). Then sync your Google calendar to the iPad (much easier on 4.2 beta, BTW).

9. CC424 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting....I'll have to try the goggle sync tomorrow... Does it give you an alert for each appointment.

10. Touchstone64 macrumors regular

If they're configured to alert in Exchange, they'll alert in the Google calendar too.

11. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

. I did the same and it works REALLY well. A great workaround. The only thing I would say is too set Google calendar to sync once an hour as opposed to every few minutes, as I originally did. The constant syncing will be an unnecessary drain on your Ipod.

12. forceofnature macrumors newbie

We use mobile iron and servers push exchange email and appointments to the iPad. So far it works great with one caveat, if the appointment has an attached document for review you can't readitif you have accepted the appointment. If you leave the appointment alone you can open the s
    Attachment from your email inbox.

13. CC424 thread starter macrumors regular

Google sync worked! Thanks for the help. Now just curious how can I get alerts to the appointments?