Outlook Attachements

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deaddisco, Sep 25, 2012.

1. deaddisco macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I just started using Outlook 2011 and have a little question. Everything some forwards me a mail with attachments i cant seem to save the attachments. There is no option to save the attachments which is strange

I have to click forward and have a new mail pop up in order for me to see the attachments and save them.

Is there a preference or option i can change to have forwarded mail attachments directly from the forwarded mail?

Also my outlook keeps crashing. I have no idea why. When i click on certain mails. It just crashes and prompts me to restart. Is it because of the attachments in the mail?

Any help is appreciated

THank you

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

This is actually part of Outlook. They are sending the attachments encoded using a "standard" that MS modified to only work in Outlook. Thus you can't see them. This is specifically annoying for meeting invites. There is a setting that you can change in Outlook to fix this, BUT it's a pain in the ass and every time there is any form of update, it gets reset.

I ended up buying "Klammer" from the MAS. Just drop and drag the attached file into it and it will unwrap that attachment and allow you to save off the real files. (Works awesome for meeting invites as well, and their customer support has been phenomenal).