Outlook Calendar & MobileMe?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by rebby, Nov 21, 2008.

1. rebby macrumors 6502

I think that I may already know the answer in this case but my searches are coming up with conflicting answers.

What I would like to do is a sync a copy of my Outlook calendar (work, connected to Exchange) to MobileMe/iPhone. This copy can be read only as I have no desire to edit my calendar w/anything but Outlook. I don't care if the sync is done only when I have my work PC running. I'm not looking for real time updates, I'd just like to have a reasonable view of my work calendar on my phone.

Connecting my iPhone to Exchange is not an option, my company will not allow this (unless I'm willing to use a Windows based phone). Bouncing my calendar through another service like gmail would be acceptable if required. I'd rather not manually sync via a cable if possible.

From what I can tell, the older version of the Windows MobileMe software would allow this but 1.2 will not. Are there any options here for a (potentially) new user of MobileMe? What about circumventing MobileMe altogether and just sending it to the iPhone in some way?

Thanks for your help on this matter.

2. rebby thread starter macrumors 6502

3. alFR macrumors 68020

Why don't you just copy the settings for Exchange from a colleague's WM phone and just set up your iPhone to use it yourself? I can't imagine anyone will notice, since it connects with ActiveSync just like a WM phone does....

4. rebby thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll likely do this for email but, based on a few reviews that I've read (specifically here -> http://blog.fosketts.net/2008/07/22/colored-iphone-exchange-calendars/), Exchange has very poor multiple calendar support. I've been very happy w/the multiple calendar integration in iCal and would like to keep this functionality if possible.

Now that I have my Outlook calendar sync'd with my gmail calendar this may be as easy as using BusySync to take care of syncing my gmail calendar w/iCal. Sure, I lose real time updates but that may be acceptable. I'll have to play with this more over the next few weeks to find the best solution for me.

Thanks.