Outlook Calendar Sync Problems ANY HELP?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by revdrw, Jul 6, 2012.

1. revdrw macrumors newbie

I had no problems with my new Macbook Pro and MS Office 2011, until I tried to sync it with Google Calendar and iCal CalDAV. It wouldn't work. Flat out, you couldn't do it. I have a Dell with Outlook 2010 on it, and I use it extensively to make appointments, send e-mail reminders of appointments, etc. When I found that Outlook 2011 would not sync with ical and CalDAV (something about the newer OS?), I took my brand new MAcbook Pro (Bought June 7) back to the Apple Store for full refund. Geeze, you guys gotta make that work. I suppose I could have run Outlook with MS WIN 7 from my Mac, but you guys gotta do better than that.

I just read that MS will come out with a Service Pac that will fix some of that, but do be alert if Office Outlook Calendar is something you want to sync across platforms using Google calendars and your iCal.

This is the only problem I know about, other than that, MS Office 2011 worked great. But for me that one problem was a deal-breaker.

See Quotes from MacWorld Article:

Can Outlook sync with iCal?
    No. (See “Will Outlook import directly from Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Book?” above.)

Can Outlook sync with Gmail and Google Calendar?
    Outlook 2011 will work with Gmail accounts and contacts, but not with Google Calendar.

Does Outlook support CalDAV?
    No.

See Link but does this fix the problem?

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :mad:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9215553/Microsoft_blames_Apple_for_Outlook_2011_sync_snafu

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It's a Microsoft problem. Post a complaint over there like everyone else!

While you're there check out all the other quirks associated with Outlook 2011.