Outlook.com Calendar and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mlody, Dec 30, 2016.

1. mlody macrumors 6502a

Since Apple broke iCloud invitations with location, I have been looking at alternatives to the calendar. I was pretty much set on outlook.com as we use it for everything else, but it seems like there is a problem with Outlook.com and iPhone when it comes to meeting invitations.

Here is a scenario I am dealing with

If I use outlook.com website to create and send an invitation to my wife's outlook.com account, she will get an invitation and is able to accept it and I see it as accepted, assuming this is all done with outlook.com website.

the problem we are having is that if we try to do the same using an iPhone, I am no longer receiving a confirmation from my wife if a meeting was accepted, or not. Basically, the meeting goes out, she receives it, she has a prompt to accept it, or decline it or set as tentative; however, regardless of what she does, my calendar invitation never gets updated with her response, as if the invitation was ignored. BTW, we are using stock Apple mail and calendar apps. If we change the side, meaning, she sends me an invitation and I send a replay, same issue, she never gets a reply from me.

Does anyone have any experience with this and how to solve this?

I appreciate any assistance.

Thank you

2. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Curious, even if no acceptance/declined is received, if you check the properties of the Calendar item, does it show the participants? And thus who accepted/declined?

3. mlody thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes, it does show the participants, but it will show no reply. If my wife or myself log into outlook.com and accept the invitations online via outlook.com, they will show up as accepted on outlook.com as well as on our iPhones.
    It almost seems to be that when we accept them via iPhone, they responses got a black hole or they do not even get sent out.

4. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

After accepting, verify if there is anything related in the Sent Items on BOTH accounts.

I'm wondering if via iOS there is no notification per sé, but was at least expecting the properties of the Calendar item to show accepted/declined...

5. mlody thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will try to retest this today and will provide an update.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

On the iPhone, how are the Outlook.com accounts configured...as "Outlook.com" or "Exchange"...and whatever the answer have you tried the alternative?