outlook contact photos do not sync correctly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Natojr, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Natojr macrumors newbie

I recently switched to Outlook as itunes would not sync with win 7 version of OE or windows mail, I guess it is. My contacts are in the phone but the photos assigned to them did not make it so I assigned the photos within outlook and did a sync. The photos are there in my phone now but they are stretched and/or scrunched. The photos look perfectly normal in Outlook. Anybody have any ideas about this?

2. ILBandit macrumors regular

I have noticed the same thing. I assigned pictures to several contacts in my outlook address book on my regular work computer. (exchange ) And all of the pics that I put in from the computer show up on the iphone distorted, and blurry.
    If I assign a pic from the iphone, it looks fine on both sides, (phone, and desktop) but it the picture ID's that have been installed from outlook look horrible.
    I tried downsizing the picutes, then adding them though outlook, thinking that the resolutioin was screwing things up, but that didn't seem to help at all.

Would love to know a work around for this, it is so much handier, and easier to add contact pics on the regular computer, than the several steps it takes to add them from the phone itself.

Anyone found a better way to do it????