Outlook contacts from Blackberry to iPhone without PC

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SusieN56, Feb 3, 2011.

1. SusieN56 macrumors newbie

I have a blackberry storm that I connect to a windows PC with outlook, so the blackberry has all of my Outlook contacts. I do NOT use itunes on that computer anymore.

I have iTunes on my macbook air, and I do have Blackberry Desktop manager on the Macbook. I do not have outlook on the Mac, but I do have the rest of Microsoft Office for the Mac.

I currently also have an iTouch, which I can use as the "guinea pig" for synching.

I have preordered an iPhone from Verizon, but the nearest Apple store is 90 minutes away, and I don't trust the Verizon store on release day!

I want to get the contacts from the Blackberry to the iPhone, but since iTunes is on the Mac and not the Windows computer, I am unsure how to do this. I can try suggestions using the iTouch. I can't use MobileMe as I don't have a subscription, and when I tried it before it didn't have any benefit - since I didn't have an iPhone.

Any thoughts as to the best way to proceed?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you have a Gmail account, you could sync your BB contacts to Gmail, and when you plug your iPhone in to your Mac/iTunes, it will give you a one time chance to "merge" your contacts, choose Gmail, and you should be good to go.

3. SusieN56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks James. Unfortunately I use a Prodigy email address, which is now Yahoo, and my yahoo address book doesn't have near the number of contacts that my Outlook one does, so that isn't an option.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

5. SusieN56 thread starter macrumors newbie

James
    I will try that, I also found out that with the purchase I made of the Air, I could have had a discounted subscription to Mobile Me. It may be worth seeing if Apple will honor that after the fact.

6. JamesMB, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Before you spend your money on Mobile Me you might have a look here.http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134 Seems like when it works, it's great, but I can do without the hassle. Seems as though support is lacking also.