outlook displays e-mail messages from Mail as indented

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Alexandros, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Alexandros macrumors newbie

Hello All:

I noticed that when I send an e-mail message to someone who open it and read it from outlook that it was displayed in the indented fashion shown below. I have found that many times outlook and outlook express displays messages sent from Mail this way. I would simply like the message to be displayed normally where the text runs all the way to the right and adjusts accordingly as you resize the window. I don't know if the problem is with outlook or mail but it is not good for business correspondence.

Attached Files:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Mail colour quotes replies by default. to disable this untick "Color quoted text" in Mail's preferences under Fonts & Colors.

3. Alexandros thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your interest

Hi Thomas:

Thanks for your help and interest in my issue. I understand that mail color quotes the replies. My thumbnail is misleading because I am showing a reply. However what is actually happening is that my messages show up in outlook in the same manner when they are not a reply. In other words take my thumbnail and image that is is not a reply, there is not blue vertical line, and the text still does not travel across the message window all the way to the right. That is my problem, I want the text to travel all the way across. I know it is an obscure problem. Thanks again, Alex