Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I know this probably isn't the place for this but there is no way I was going to post on a Microsoft site. Anyways my question: Is their a way to make an overall contact called say "Family" and that is all you type in the TO box. Attached with family is say anywhere from 6 - 15 - email address that you don't have to type just family, but yet it goes out to all of them. How do you make that type of contact?

Thanks

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
You say Outlook, so I presume you're actually using Outlook in Windows and not Entourage in OS X.

In Outlook, go into contacts and select New (or File-New) and Distribution List. It's pretty straightforward from here. Once you've created the distribution list, you use it just like a regular contact entry.

If you actually meant Entourage, then the process is similar, but different (and annoyingly incompatible with Outlook). Entourage can't handle distribution lists made in Outlook. They simply don't appear in contacts. It has its own system which is nearly identical. In Entourage, go to your Address Book and select New (or File-New) and Group. This works basically the same way as distribution lists.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.