Outlook exchange battery iPhone.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by deep1, Apr 28, 2014.

1. deep1 macrumors regular

Guys who are using outlook on iPhone, how's your battery going? this is just not another battery thread but to confirm if you guys have made same observation as me.

Outlook:
    1. I see usage time keeps increasing, for example if i lock my phone with no app running for 10 mins, usage time increase by 3 minutes, which is a false usage time and that keeps adding 2 mins every time i lock the phone and give the unreal usage end of the day.

2. I would be lucky to get full day usage out with outlook, usage time around 6-8 hours ( not real usage as i noticed above)

for a test i disabled push for few days and installed Mailbox, after full charge i left it there and after 20 mins, Usage time was still 0, on outlook that would be about 4-5 mins.

Now i am getting best from my battery and currently i am at 6 hrs real usage and standby of 1day 4 hrs and at 20%, outlook this was not even possible, yeah usage time will increase but as i mentioned that is not real usage time.

I really want to use outlook and native mail app, but battery drain is causing issue, anyone has similar issue?

Thanks

2. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

With push exchange active for one account and 15 min fetching for my other two accounts I get about 20 min of usage with 7-8 hours of standby. Sometimes I'll charge it before I got to sleep then leave it alone until I wake up and I usually have about 20 min of 'fake usage' as I mentioned earlier with 7-8 hours of standby. It seems like your usage numbers are quite high. How many push accounts are active?

3. deep1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for reply.
    Only 1 account active as I forward all my gmail accounts to outlook.

Overnight I get about 26-30 mins usage and 7-8% drop, with few mails so that's normal.

Long standby time doesn't affect much, shorter standby keeps adding 2 mins on most unlock.

Gmail exchange didn't use to add up this time, only started after ios 7 and outlook.

That might be trade off using active sync and not a big deal, I have gone back to outlook and deleted mailbox.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If the phone isn't in standby(even if the screen is off), it will add to your usage time.