Outlook Express Email Address Book

Discussion in 'iMac' started by GAHOG, Feb 3, 2012.

1. GAHOG macrumors newbie

New to the Mac world and this [very large] Forum. Sorry if I overlooked previous threads on this subject.
    QUESTION: How do I get my Outlook Express email address book downloaded to the Apple email program? Earthlink is my server.
    Thanks in advance,
    GAHOG

2. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Use Address Book. It is leveraged by Apple Mail. Export a format from Outlook Ex that Address Book supports and then import them. They will be available in Mail.app. Express has severely limited import/ export options though. Used to have to export mail to Thunderbird and then from Thunderbird to Apple Mail.

3. GAHOG thread starter macrumors newbie

Clueless Old Guy

Thank you for trying to help. macrumors.com should require prospective members to pass a test before asking for help on the forum. I would flunk it!
    So, the old man ask: So I download "Address Book" program to the iMac and then tell it to import Outlook address book from my PC? ie, I do not have Outlook on my iMac. Or, do I call the GeekSquad?

4. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Ever heard of an external hard drive? Or USB thumb drive? Or the cloud? Or email them to yourself? Address Book does not need to be downloaded. It is on your Mac already.
    Such optimism. Yeah, call Geek Squad. s/