iPhone Outlook for iOS mail delivery issue

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by serialtoon, Jan 8, 2017.

1. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I feel like i keep missing email notifications on this app. It was never an issue before but not it has been. Im not sure if its been like this for a while since i just recently started using my iPhone 7 Plus again the last couple of days. My email wont be delivered until after i reopen the app almost like its being killed in the background and when i open it, it starts pulling emails in. Has anyone else encountered this? I use a gmail account, outlook account and O365 exchange account.

2. Stingertough macrumors newbie

Stingertough

Maybe you should update your PUSH notifications. They may have been reset to a default setting.

3. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

The Outlook app is automatically set to Push. I dont use the Apple mail client. Im talking about the Outlook app by Microsoft.

4. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I noticed this too with my gmail accounts. O365 seemed to be fine, but I'd open it up and a ton of gmails would start loading. Stopped using it for the time being.

5. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Same here. I dont really have a big need for it atm, but i hope they eventually fix it.

6. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I'm having the same problem as well. Seems like they are putting out an app update several times a week but still haven't fixed this.

7. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick