Outlook for Mac 365...uninstall Outlook for Mac 2011?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by creativedogmedia, Nov 18, 2014.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Once the import has happened, do I just uninstall Outlook for Mac 2011? It wont take any of my data with the uninstall?

2. mac8867 macrumors 6502

It will not remove your data. Follow the instructions on the 365 site (where you downloaded)... follow them exactly. They work

3. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Except that link doesnt give any instructions for removal other than to pull Outlook for Mac 2011 icon out of the dock (which obviously isnt removal).

4. mac8867 macrumors 6502

Interesting, I just logged into my 365 account to re-review the instructions. They are not the same as when they originally released the new Outlook.

From the Applcations folder, drag the Outlook program to trash.
    Install the new Outlook from the dmg.

5. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

That's it? I know how to uninstall a program from OSX...I just thought there would be something unique about this since they dont utilize the same type of database...do you know if it will delete that as well from my previous setup? As long as it's been moved over (and all of my data IS showing in the new Outlook) I would love to delete it as it's pretty massive in size.

6. mac8867 macrumors 6502

Yes, that was it... remove the app. The install of the new version upgrades the existing database during the process.