Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Since I updated to ios9 (6 plus) I have been having constant problems with my outlook/hotmail in the mail app.

Most of the time when I go to check mail it says "cannot connect to the server" or something similar. Or when I open an email it will say "this email was not downloaded from the server".

It will usually eventually fix if I double click the home button and close the mail app and reopen a few times but that's a pain in the butt. I tried deleting the account on my iPhone and reinstalling it but still have the same problems.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions? Thanks.

colburnr

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Since I updated to ios9 (6 plus) I have been having constant problems with my outlook/hotmail in the mail app.

Most of the time when I go to check mail it says "cannot connect to the server" or something similar. Or when I open an email it will say "this email was not downloaded from the server".

It will usually eventually fix if I double click the home button and close the mail app and reopen a few times but that's a pain in the butt. I tried deleting the account on my iPhone and reinstalling it but still have the same problems.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions? Thanks.

I have the same issue...very frustrating

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Well, at least glad to hear it's not my iPhone or the software update. Thanks for that info Zeeno - hopefully they will fix issues. But yeah I think I remember reading the iPhone doesn't use IMAP - even though I don't really know what that means :)

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I have the same thing happening to me on my ip6s and Air 2, both on 9.0.2 but it is also happening on my ip6 which is on 8.4

I still get my mail on time though, at the most there is only a minute between them all getting the notifications.

belladen

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2015
The problem I'm having is it shows unread mail received, but all the mail has been read, and or deleted! My work email comes through Outlook, and that is the only one of my emails I'm having any issues with. All my Comcast mailboxes are fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.