Outlook/hotmail server problems ios9

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Lostsol, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Lostsol macrumors regular

Since I updated to ios9 (6 plus) I have been having constant problems with my outlook/hotmail in the mail app.

Most of the time when I go to check mail it says "cannot connect to the server" or something similar. Or when I open an email it will say "this email was not downloaded from the server".

It will usually eventually fix if I double click the home button and close the mail app and reopen a few times but that's a pain in the butt. I tried deleting the account on my iPhone and reinstalling it but still have the same problems.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I've been having that issue a lot today since I updated by air 2 to 9.02.

3. colburnr macrumors regular

I have the same issue...very frustrating

4. Teugeus macrumors member

Best long term solution is to not use outlook, it's the worst email provider of the lot. That along with Talktalk, they just don't work well.

5. colburnr macrumors regular

6. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

No worries. Hopefully they solve it soon.

7. anyjungleinguy macrumors regular

Same.

Funnily enough though, Outlook through the native Apple Mail app doesn't use IMAP...

8. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

my hotmails are fine, its gmail thats randomly derping up & has been for months across all platforms i access it on

9. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

Well, at least glad to hear it's not my iPhone or the software update. Thanks for that info Zeeno - hopefully they will fix issues. But yeah I think I remember reading the iPhone doesn't use IMAP - even though I don't really know what that means :)

10. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I have the same thing happening to me on my ip6s and Air 2, both on 9.0.2 but it is also happening on my ip6 which is on 8.4

I still get my mail on time though, at the most there is only a minute between them all getting the notifications.

11. belladen macrumors newbie

belladen

The problem I'm having is it shows unread mail received, but all the mail has been read, and or deleted! My work email comes through Outlook, and that is the only one of my emails I'm having any issues with. All my Comcast mailboxes are fine.