iPhone Outlook issue on ios9 Fix

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by b4bhupati, Sep 16, 2015.

?

Outlook issue on ios9 Fix

1. Let us know if there is any other way to fix it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Please help if you have answer how to use outlook.com in it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. b4bhupati macrumors newbie

I have been trying to use outlook since i have updated to ios9.
    If you delete and reinstall app but without using outlook email.
    then it will work fin.e

2. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

Thanks; that was helpful...

3. Peepo macrumors 6502a

I had to delete and reinstall but I also use outlook email account (ie Microsoft account) along with my gmail and corporate exchange. Works fine.

4. Will4595 macrumors newbie

Will4595

After updating to iOS9, my Outlook would not open past the spinning wheel, or crash immediately. After deleting and re-installing, Outlook opened fine but when I tried to add more than one email account, it continued to crash immediately after opening. This seems to be pretty uniform across the internet.

5. selliott macrumors member

Is your exchange mailbox size large? How did you upgrade, OTA or iTunes? Device?

I upgraded using iTunes, on an Iphone 6 and didn't experience any issues with exchange.

6. jomo25, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015

jomo25 macrumors regular

Having this same exact issue. At first, it would crash immediately. Then I deleted and re=installed. Then it worked letting me add 1 account (my work Exchange-based email) and it worked. But when I added a 2nd account, my IMAP personal email, it crashes anytime i try to access that account. As long as I stay in my work email it works.

My IMAP personal email can also be an exchange account. Even if I try to add it as another Exchange account. it does the same. So, I'm not sure if it's because its a second account, or if there is some incompatibility with that email account.

EDIT: And this is only on my iPhone 6. On my iPad Air, upgraded to iOS9, Outlook was working fine right after the upgrade.

7. DWSam macrumors newbie

DWSam

iPhone 6, updated last night to iOS 9 and had the same issue described here with the latest release of Outlook: Open the app, it looks like it's going to start and then closes (I use outlook.office365).

All I did was delete the profile and then go back into Outlook. All was fine after that.

I have an old iPad 1 and it is currently running iOS 9.1 Beta. Outlook has been running fine since I first installed the Beta.