Outlook issues on Mac, Iphone and Ipad

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jackiejoo, Oct 22, 2018.

1. jackiejoo macrumors newbie

I have noticed in Outlook that in certain instances using Outlook on the devices above that I don't see the same data in my messages as I do on a windows machine. Example - my office frequently plans events for me and will paste certain information into email messages - such as location, confirmation numbers etc... That info is not there or visible on any of my Apple devices in Outlook and I have to use a windows machine to see the data in Outlook. Is there something I am missing or a program I need in order to see this data. Kind of defeats the purpose when I keep having to go back to a windows device to see certain data. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks...

2. hobowankenobi macrumors 6502a

Are they out of sync (not showing the most recent messages, etc), or something else?

When you say you paste data...do you mean in to an existing message, or a new reply?

The events that get planned...do you receive an email with a calendar event? Or something else?

3. jackiejoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Not out of sync and by paste, I mean they take data a paste it into a new email specific to my information. No calendar event, just an email. The main body of the email is present but not the pasted section -it is just blank with a - in that section and I will have to go to a windows machine with outlook to see the details of that information. Thanks for your help and the reply.

4. hobowankenobi, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

hobowankenobi macrumors 6502a

Hmm...sounds like the behavior of the client and how it displays is different. Could be formatting, could be a protocol default. Can't say for sure.

You might compare the preferences between a Mac and Win client for clues. Preferred Encoding, or maybe something else on the Composing tab.

How do the messages behave in the web interface?