Outlook like Apple mail program or appearance

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kitki83, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I am trying to tinker with Mail to appear as Outlook, the two main things I want to do is have layout of 3 vertical panels not like Mail one vertical two horizontal panels, is it achievable? (added in Leopard mail) and last is group emails by date of delivery, basically breaks emails into clumps and adds tabs depending of criteria like dates Todays, Yesterday, Thursday and Last week emails, is there a way to do that?

Example

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. expergo macrumors regular

4. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

A second vote for Letterbox. The leopard version works fine in 10.5.2, thank God, because I don't what I would do without it. That's one thing (among several) that irks me about mail is having the preview at the bottom part of the program - like Outlook Express and others circa the mid-nineties.

In any event, you can group emails by date of delivery by creating smart mailboxes for today, yesterday, and this week. To do so, select Mailbox from the menu bar, select New Smart Mailbox, then change the name of the smart mailbox to "Today." Then in the popup menu that defaults to "From" select Date Received and the second popup menu will default to today. Click Okay and the smart mailbox will be added to the sidebar in mail.

Rinse and repeat for additional smart mailboxes for yesterday and this week by choosing the appropriate selection from the second popup menu after you selected Date Received in the first popup menu. When you're done you should have three smart mailboxes, one for today, one for yesterday, and for this week. Works like a charm

5. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

You can set up Smart Folders or rules and set it to Date Received to group emails of a specific date.

EDIT: What VanNess said.

6. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You guys made me have a tear drop.
    Thank you all