Outlook/Live email in Apple Mail

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by FurbyUK, Aug 2, 2016.

1. FurbyUK Suspended

Since the beta, I'm constantly being asked for my password for my live.com email address. It's never done this before.

Anyone else seeing the same?

2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

I had the same happen and fixed it by deleting the account and re-adding it as new. I noticed that it took me to a webpage logging to authorize the device, something I think is new for outlook.com/live.com.
    Anyway, it fixes this this issue, at least for me it did.

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

It does that for me only when I lose connection. If I ignore it my email still works fine.

4. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

I'm giving PB3 a go, if it still doing it, I'll delete and re-add the account.

5. campyguy macrumors 68040

FWIW, hold on to your hat for a few days. The Win 10 Anniversary Update started getting pushed out to Fast/Slow Ring subs a few days ago and it went public today - my guess is that their servers are slammed. My two Outlook.com accounts keep choking/timing out while my O365 Business accounts are working fine...

6. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

Had it happen on PB4 too. So I've deleted and re-added the account. Added via outlook rather than exchange.

7. J_Thomas macrumors newbie

J_Thomas

What worked for me on my Live account was to choose "other" rather than "Outlook" when adding the account.

8. campyguy macrumors 68040

FWIW, it's still not only/just the Beta SW - MS's and downdetector.com's web portals list many, many issues with login (DD's portal pulls in comments from Twitter and FB in real time) - Outlook.com has issues with logins for days...
    http://downdetector.com/status/outlook

I called in to my Office 365 service line, their servers are hammered with Win updates and they're moving a lot of backend from AWS to their Azure backbone. Cheers...

9. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

content servers are separate from outlook servers.

10. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

Might try that. I'm still getting the issue after removing and re-adding via outlook.