Outlook Mac 2011 Crashing constantly-- please help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djelite, Sep 7, 2011.

1. djelite macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I've had crashing problems on Outlook for mac for a long time... but it was just occasional, and the restore worked fine. Recently, it's been happening several times a day and it's driving me up the wall, and now the "Microsoft Error reporting" program crashes too, so I often lose my work/windows now.

I'm running a new (core i7) macbook pro 15". This happened on my previous one (core2 duo) too.

I have one IMAP account (for work) on the program, that's it. Virtually no rules set up, just a damn inbox. I rebuilt my identity, I did the font book valdiation. Nothing helps.

The only thing I can think of left to do is to delete literally every trace of Office from my computer (including databases), reinstall, but I'd prefer not to lose my inbox, calendars, etc.

All other Office apps work as they should.

Any suggestions?

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Have you started over in a new Identity?

How to create a new Identity or switch to a new Identity in Outlook 2011

Have you tested in a new User? Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

CREATE A NEW USER

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Accounts. Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching.

You can drag your Identity to the Shared folder for testing in the new User.

Drag from Shared (it actually copies) your Main Identity and place it in the Microsoft User Data folder > Office 2011 Identities folder.

~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/your identity

3. djelite thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response. I'll give this a try and report back.

4. djelite thread starter macrumors member

I took it a step further... I had to do a reformat on my computer, so I reformatted and reinstalled a fresh copy of the OS, then I did a fresh install of Outlook and recreated everything from scratch.

It was working well, but I just got my first crash AND since installing this (and yes, I already rebuilt the identity) I can't create events on my calendar.

Help... anyone??

5. tiggobittie macrumors newbie

Nope

There is no help. It's a MS product. That means they a) don't care, b) couldn't fix it if they tried, and c) will continue to screw the consumer. Like many of us who must occasionally use a MS product, you are without rescue.