Outlook not forwarding mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tlavergne, Aug 15, 2011.

1. tlavergne macrumors newbie

Hi,
    First time poster. I am new to Macs and a bit computer illiterate. I have an iMac with OS X that I purchased this summer. My son set it up for me and transferred all the files from my old PC onto this Mac and all was good. He has since moved 8 hours away for grad school is is not here to help me through this. In my Outlook I cleared out old mail, deleted messages, sent messages, etc. I also cleared my browser history. Since that time (Saturday night) my email is not being forwarded from my ISP web mail to my Outlook. I can go into Outlook and click Send/Receive and it will forward accumulated email but it won't do it automatically like it did previously. I would assume that I undid something I shouldn't have when I cleared everything out. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Tom

2. tlavergne thread starter macrumors newbie

Figured it out. For future reference. While in Outlook click on Tools, Run Schedule, Edit Schedules, Put a check mark on send and receive, Double click send and receive and there you are in the box that controls it all. Outlook defaults to checking for email every 10 minutes. I deleted the zero and now it checks for new emails every minute.