Outlook on Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ///M Kevin, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ///M Kevin macrumors newbie

For you guys who has Outlook on your phone, does it continue to add new email contacts when you're responding back to people? I respond back to hundreds of email everyday either on my phone or laptop and in doing so, it adds these contacts to my list. I would have to delete a lot of contacts that I don't want every month because of this. Is there a way to disable this?

2. wongster macrumors regular

are you talking about adding the contacts to your phone contacts? if so, go into the email account in settings and uncheck sync contacts

3. ///M Kevin thread starter macrumors newbie

But by unchecking it, it deletes all my exchange contacts. I don't want that to happen because I use my phone to check my email a lot. I just need Outlook to stop adding new ones.

4. wongster macrumors regular

your outlook should have the contacts saved already once you send them an email.

i had my yahoo contacts sync checked and it was adding email address to my phone contact list. i unchecked that and it doesn't save anymore. i also went to try to send a new email through yahoo and was able to see the contacts i have sent emails to before. typed in the name brett for example and it has the suggestion of brett.xxxx@xxxxx.com for me to select

5. ///M Kevin thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know about Yahoo, but with Outlook, unchecking the syncing of contacts gives me a message that it will delete all contacts.

6. wongster macrumors regular

yea it does the same. it says that it will delete from the iPhone. still able to see previous email address when composing a new email.