Outlook sync.... struggling

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mrobbie, Aug 26, 2014.

1. mrobbie macrumors newbie

Looking for help as I am going round the bend with this. Never bothered me that much before, but now due to work requirements, its suddenly important.

I have all my email accounts set up in Outlook (2011) for Mac

The same emails are associated with my iCloud account

I am receiving invites into Outlook and accepting on my MacBook Air

I need to understand how I then synch these calendar entries with the calendars in my iMac, iPad and iPhone.

Is there a simple fix for this?

Should I ditch Outlook for mail and calendar and revert to Apple Calendar and Mail apps?

Any info appreciated

Thanks
    Mike

2. mrobbie thread starter macrumors newbie

So I have had a play around with this for a bit this morning.

Using Mail and iCalendar do not help.

On the MacBook I get an .ics file which opens outlook and I can accept invite into Outlook calendar, which doesn't synch to other devices.

On the iPhone, I can add the entry into calendar, but it does not accept the invite so the organiser is unaware that I will be attending.

A bit of googling tells me that changes since Mavericks prevent Outlook synching? So this is never going to work?

Surely there is a way to get it to work? This is the first time since moving to Mac 7 years ago that I wish I was sitting with a Windows machine in front of me. First week as a contractor with my own equipment and can only see meetings I need to attend on my MacBook. My iPhone shows me nothing in calendar.

(and copying entries manually between Outlook and iCalendar seems absurd)

3. mrobbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed. Office365 made life simple. No issues so far.