Outlook Syncing Problems - Please give help me before I drop my iphone in water

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by orgazmo, Aug 9, 2007.

1. orgazmo macrumors newbie

I have a problem that started today ( I beleive after the latest craptacular itunes update for win32). When I try and sync my contacts in outlook ( or try to sync ANYTHING in outlook for that matter) I get an error with OutlookSyncClient.exe and the sync fails.

In my outlook plug-in screen, I see the following:

[​IMG]

Am I supposed to have another item in there? My co-worker has another add-in that points to "OutlookSyncClient.dll" I don't even have that DLL on my computer, much less the c:\programs files\itunes folder.

I have tried completely uninstalling quicktime/itunes/auto update manager/etc... and a fresh re-install of the programs still gives me the same error when trying to sync.

I've done everything I can think of and found on the forums with no help.

2. orgazmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Update...

I went ahead and removed the newst iTunes versions ( 7.3.2.6 if i remember correctly) and installed the 7.3.1.3 version. MAGICALLY the OutlookSyncClient.dll file showed up in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin after installing that version. Now both add-in show up in outlook but if you actually try to enable "Outlook iTunes Sync Addin" it crashes outlook. Still no outlook sync...

[​IMG]

Regardless, it appears that the apple programmers forgot to include some files or something in the latest version of iTunes. Seriously.. do they have ANY quality control people.

<rant>
    I've always heard that Apple was better because they had fewer problems and easier products, but good lord. Between this and our Macbook Pro (which was 10x worse and more error prone than any dell I've ever used. It had the motherboard replaced 2 times, the power unit replaced once, the battery replaced once, and the drive replaced. ) I am getting a bit frustrated with apple's commitment to quality. </rant>