Outlook to iPhone sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nsimolke, Sep 6, 2007.

1. nsimolke macrumors newbie

I have been searching for days on the 'official' Apple support discussion board on this topic and have exhausted every recommendation (reload iTunes, reset, format Outlook, create personal .pst files, and so on.............) I'm hoping some fresh eyes may make the difference.

I bought my phone 3 weeks ago (yeah, bad timing) and the first sync with my office Outlook went like a breeze. I keep my music and stuff on my personal computer so the only things I check when I try to sync with my work laptop is Outlook Calendar and Contacts. Last week, I plugged it in and hit sync and it took all of my meeting information from my Calendar and put it on the phone. OMG what a pain that has been.

This week I get an error that will not sync my Calendar or my downloads (just for grins I downloaded a game to see if the issue was really my calendar or the sync process. The error says this:
    "iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPhone <insert name here> because an error occured mingling data. I'm trying to avoid having to reset to factory specs. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely one of you guys have solved this.........

2. unbanned macrumors newbie

New Itunes stopped syncing calendar

I am having this exact error since I downloaded the new ITunes last night:

"iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPhone <insert name here> because an error occured mingling data. "

I cant figure out how to fix it now and I am not sure how to get the old ITunes back.

Anyone?

3. unbanned macrumors newbie

OK I figured it out!

How I solved it:

Go to ITunes-to the Iphone section when you dock - then to "Info" then down to "advanced". then click "replace information on this iphoyne": then click calendars.

Then sync it and from then on it wouldnt give me that initial error anymore when i synced.

write me if you have a question.

4. nsimolke thread starter macrumors newbie

Still not able to sync with Outlook and getting even more frustrated!

The I am desperately confused because when I doc the phone there is no IPhone section, I have music, video, info, summary, etc.

When I go to the info sheet it gives me a place to check Outlook for Calendars and Outlook for Contacts but no "replace info" - are you talking about the screen that comes up to sync with ITunes?

Yikes this has been a nightmare- I spent the entire morning with the IT folks to recover my calendar that mysteriously disappeared last night during a intervention recommended on the Apple discussion board.

Is there a 3rd party application similar to the ones that synce Palm pilots with Outlook that anyone knows about. I can not wait for Apple to get thier act together and it seems I am not the only one who is having this issue.

My direct email is nrsimolke@yahoo.com if you can help- any help at this point short of telling me to delete this or back up that before trying this would help. :eek:

5. unbanned macrumors newbie

you have the new itunes

do you have ITunes 7.4.1?

6. nsimolke thread starter macrumors newbie

ITines 7.4.1 is installed on my laptop

Ok, got it fixed. Here is how:
    The trick is to make sure you are working without other applications running in the background. For example, when you go to apple.com, download iTunes and it starts close down your explorer. I think my issues came from "multi tasking" - when it was just the PC and the iTunes download (which took quite a bit of time to fully process) it was able to download all of the drivers completely. Then reboot and let it go through its boot up process. When I plugged in the phone (with Outlook closed so now it is just iTunes, the iPhone and the PC running) it had no problems syncing. My Lessons learned- iTunes does not play well with others which is to say it syncs better off line, by itself.

This of course came after a week for uninstalling, reinstalling, loss of calendar hits, frustrated IT involvement, etc................going back to the basics saved the day for me!

7. arcenite macrumors newbie

This worked for me, thanks.

8. Citrine macrumors newbie

Also have problems since iTUNES update

I have had nothing but problems since the update. The latest being my All Day appointments being slotted one day before, i.e. if the appointment was for Tuesday, it appeared on Monday. However, this did not occur for any of the timed appointments ie if the appointment was for Mon 3 pm, it stayed at that slot.

I did go to Advance and then opted to replace info on iPhone with that on my machine. But it made no difference. My calendar is still messed up

Does anyone have the same problem? And hopefully have solved it?

It is driving me nuts.