Outlook to Mac OS X Leopard Application Advice

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 3282868, Apr 1, 2009.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

As I work in IT I have over the years tried to find the best method to convert from Outlook to Mac OS Tiger/Leopard? Over the years I have either manually converted clients' personal information or tried a myriad of software applications, however due to many differing variables contact and calendar never really syncs 100%. Outlook events don't transfer over to iCal as Outlook organizes events by color in one calendar while iCal organizes events as calendars, thus events from Outlook usually end up in one calendar in iCal. I've recently tried using MobileMe's cloud to assist in the data transferring, syncing from the cloud from the PC then from the could to the new OS X system. Still doesn't cut it.

Any advice I would greatly appreciate and owe you for sharing. :)

2. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

What version of Outlook are you using? I've exported an Outlook 2007 calendar and imported it to Google Calendar and iCal without any problems.

3. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

2003 and 2007. All individual Outlook appointments migrated over to iCal as corresponding color calendars without any issues? So far importing Outlook calendars into iCal are imported as ONE calendar, which completely messed up calendars/events.

4. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

5. RoniSue macrumors newbie

Have you tried O2M by Little Machines? I'm getting ready to make the switch myself, so I'd like to know if anyone has tried this application to move outlook data to iCal.

6. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Tried it today, and it worked well for exporting/importing mailboxes (mbox) as well as contacts, however Outlook calendars imported into iCal as one calendar and not into different calendars/events/appointments/etc. as they are organized in Outlook. I've been researching how to export/import Outlook/iCal calendars seamlessly for weeks to no avail.