Outlook to Mail quick question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jon08, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jon08, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

jon08 macrumors 65816

One of my mail accounts in Outlook includes a POP account which I already closed so I currently only have it "On My Computer" in Outlook 2011.

I would just like to know how to import this entire POP account that's on my computer into my Mail app?

I had no problem with my other (IMAP) accounts because they synchronized by themselves, but moving that POP account is a bit confusing.

Thanks!

2. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've spent some time trying to import Outlook's .eml mails into Mail, since the latter only supports .emlx format. One of the options was to get an app, which would convert from .eml to .emlx, but it was a paid app so I figured I wouldn't want to pay money for something I would probably only use once in my life.

I found a workaround for it: first l installed Entourage 2008, then I created a separate folder on my desktop for each of my Outlook Yahoo POP mail folders and drag-n-dropped them from Outlook to my desktop. Then I created folders with the same names in my Entourage and drag-n-dropped the folders from my desktop into the same folders that I created in Entourage one by one.

Finally, I opened my Mail app and clicked Mailbox > New Mailbox and selected "ON MY MAC." Then created a folder and used the File > Import Mailboxes option to import everything from Entourage. A bit of work, but it did the trick so now I have the POP mail I had in my Outlook, in my Mail app.