Outlook vs Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xyanide14, Oct 3, 2010.

1. xyanide14 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just wondering if you are going to use outlook when it comes with office 11 or you will stick with apple's Mail? Personally, I would use mail.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I haven't used outlook for the mac since its not out, but if its anything like the windows version, I'll stick with mail.

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Here's my 2c...

I used a Macbook/Mail at my last employer. Had Exchange 2007, so Mail, iCal worked together well. Love it, simple, easy to use. Currently, at new employer [waiting for my new MBP to arrive :) ). Using Outlook 2007; bloated, and feel lost. The only nice feature is the all-in-one view for seeing email, appts, and To-Do's. But can live without it.

Given the choice, I'd prefer Mail and all the other separate.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you have a reason to use Outlook and are used to Outlook, you should use Outlook. If you're not on an Exchange server and want to use Mail, use Mail...

5. cajaledu macrumors newbie

Which one has better features?

The one i'm gonna use depends on the features available for both at the time. Mac's apps are easier to use and almost always have all the features you need, and usually more than Windows' programs; but if Outlook has better features i will decide for it. I'm an anti-pc person because of their lack of quality but if they make something that is worth the money then i will try it (an example is Windows 7 Ultimate, i have it running on Parallels and i love it)

Bottomline, unless the new Outlook comes with amazing interface and features, Mail will be my choice, it's a great app.