Outlook Web Access slooooow on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akadmon, Sep 8, 2009.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

I find that loading the OWA inbox page is at least an order of magnitude slower on my Mac (both Safari and Firefox) than it is on any Windows PC (including VMWare Fusion on my machine). Does anybody know why this is, and if there is anything that can be done to improve performance of OWA on a Mac (perhaps some some setting buried deep down in the preferences, or accessible via Terminal)?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

Do you mean what version is my company mail server using? I don't know. But why should this matter anyway? I'm not trying to use Mail on Entourage to access the mail server (this never worked for me on anything other than on my work laptop, which is joined to the corporate domain) . The problem is slow access via web mail. Heck, I'm actually able to get to my OWA inbox faster on my iPhone (over 3G) than on my Mac Pro (on a cable modem connection). Totally befuddling.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies of the browser?

5. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

I just reset Safari and tried again (after restarting Safari, ofc). The OWA inbox seems to have loaded a little faster, but it still took a good half minute. Way too long.

6. acurafan macrumors 6502a

i just did a comparsion with my OWA servers and getting no major difference amongst browsers in mac and Fusion.

besides clearing cache files, is your windows DNS entries same as mac pro? try flushing mac dns cache (lookupd -flushcache)?

i also noticed that FF 3.5.2 under SL will sometimes 'not' send 443 ssl packet for cert lookup on my macbook - hence my owa secure login page will not show up...a force quit/restart solves the problem...very strange.

7. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

ookupd -flushcache apparently doesn't work on SL. I googled OSX DNS cache flush, which turned up dscacheutil -flushcache as the command to use in 10.5-10.6. Ran it. No significant change.

Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things, I fired up IE6 (I know I know...) on my W2KPro VM in Fusion. The OWA inbox loaded in under 5 seconds.