Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisjef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
Ever since I downloaded the public beta of iOS 9, I haven't been able to access Outlook Web Access through Safari or Inbox Pro. Has anyone been experiencing the same issue?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Been working fine here. I mostly end up using the OWA app.

Chrisjef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
The issue I'm experiencing is safari telling me that it can't open the page because it can't establish a secure connection to the server. Everyone else in my company is having the same issue. It's been like this ever since I installed the iOS9 beta and final release. I have an iPhone 6S running iOS 9.1. The web address I'm trying to access is http://mail.rathernotsaythenameofmycompany.com

RandomKamikaze

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Either provide the correct URL above by updating the thread of PM me, or use the Exchange Connectivity Analyser to find out what is going on. However, if it is affecting everyone in your company, it is likely to be infrastructure side rather than device side

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I would bet a guess that the SSL Certificate isn't trusted by your (or anyone's) device. Maybe it's self generated and thus not trusted automatically by the phone... You could import the root certificate into the phone and see if that helps...

Chambersaj

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2015

The problem is that iOS 9 dropped support for SSL3. That's the best your companies website will support. It's rather old and they should update to TLS. I'm not sure if it can be turned back on in iOS. ssllabs.com has some good tools that will let you see what ciphers and protocols your browser supports, as well as seeing that info for another website. You can go there and poke around if you want to learn a bit more about what is going on.

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
Most modern browsers are dropping support for SSL3 as well.

e.g. that site doesn't open in Chrome beta either.

Best option is for your infrastructure team to actually update to TLS and a modern cipher suite, it currently scores F in the ssl labs server test...

Chrisjef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
I will try and convince my company's tech support to use TLS 1.2. That might take some time. Is there anyway to enable a domain exception in iOS 9?

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
SSL3 is disabled in Safari and afaik it's not possible to enable and/or add an exception to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.