[OutlookReview]Unique Black Aluminum case for iphone 4 black

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by casperfly, May 20, 2011.

1. casperfly macrumors newbie

I had another one silver color of type 01 Aluminum case ( bumper in the edge ), but overall I felt this black Aluminum case type 02 fits better with black iPhone 4. I personally think that silver color suits white iPhone 4 better.

This is outside package delivered as it is:
    This seller has a reputation of fast shipping( the price is a little bit higher than that in his website):
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=poncho_wang&ftab=AllFeedback
    [​IMG]

The original package as below. I felt a good quality when I opened it. The seller said this Aluminum case was imported from Japan.
    [​IMG]

It has four pieces: front frame, back frame, a plastic bag in which there are little tool and 6 bolts, and a small piece of paper describing the manual( Japanese language but it is easy to understand by the graphic). Sorry my iphone is kinda of dirty on the surface( if someone can recommend some cloth that can help to clean that would be nice ;))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Installation starts.:) I input the process in the texts of the graphic: one thing that needs to pay attention is that clean some dusts from inside so that you make sure it'll not reside inside after you installed.
    [​IMG]

Use the tool to install bolts from the back.
    [​IMG]

Final look as below. You may want to keep the little plastic with two back up bolts and the little tool just in case you want to open it and clean inside.
    [​IMG]

Overall, this case has a very high quality. Nice designed and unique - much better than what I had before. The case material looks elegant and not feel cheap at all. The weakness is that I don't know whether the bolt is tight enough so that it'll not loose when it falls on the ground( of course I don't want to drop it though:)). The seller said extra blot can be redelivered if I lost them.

For those friends that want to check:
    www.pocomaru.com

below is a graphic from his blog for iphone 4 White. I like black more.
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. flyingbird macrumors newbie

First time saw a review for this case.
    Thanks.
    btw, your phone screen is a little dirty:)

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. casperfly thread starter macrumors newbie

haha I know. = = but I don't know how to clean it. all napkin doesn't work. - - any good idea?

5. JASApplications macrumors 65816

6. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Use a microfiber cloth.

7. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

8. King Julian macrumors regular

Good review, and each to their own, but I couldn't do that to my iPhone. Bar being Fugly, I say it would snag in your pocket all the time

9. casperfly thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah...I think it will pump out if you put in your pocket :)
    I only carry it in my school bag so that's fine. Cool thing for this is I can get it stand in my table so that I can see it anytime haha...

10. casperfly thread starter macrumors newbie

hm....when can I get it? ebay? lol

11. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Sorry that's not unique that's just plain ugly.

It ruins the good looks of the iPhone.