Output audio balance randomly goes all left: 10.5.7?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sammich, May 21, 2009.

1. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I've never noticed this before 10.5.7, and it's only happened to me twice, both in the last 24 hours.

Since it is random, I can't replicate it, but I can't confirm if this happens when you change the system volume, which used to happen on my old 12" PB. That problem was apparently caused by high CPU load messing up the volume change.

It's all in the title, the right channel mutes (both times this happened it was left biased) completely, and checking Sound Prefs. shows that my output balance slider is all the way to the left.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

2. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

It's funny you mention this because yesterday I noticed both my MBP and my iMac seemed to have sound balance issues, but I didn't really think anything of it since I was interrupted to work on something else. I'll have to check them out again today.

3. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

4. sammich thread starter macrumors 601

sammich

Who me? Nope. Why GarageBand?

It's random, reading MR while listening to music. Nothing else.

5. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Oh.

I asked because the same phenomenon used to happen with a bug relating to GarageBand back in 10.4.5 - 10.4.11. I figured it was resolved since it was closed on Radar, and I was wondering if I should re-open it. :D

As for your problem... well... that's a new one. If you can reproduce it (or if folks here can figure out under what circumstances it occurs) then you should probably report it via Radar.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Goodness I remember this old problem back in 10.4 on PowerPC.

7. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I had this on an imac G5 with tiger. I haven't had the problem on my current macbook though.

8. ankh macrumors member

same problem now on a mid-2011 Mini, Lion 10.7.2 -- so, wassup here?