Output files to dropbox

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dan14, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Dan14 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I have a quick question i cannot seem to figure out.

Say I create a document in Pages, how can i export this to drop box from my iPad? Or alternatively, is there a file browser that will allow me to see where these files are saved? I have got quick office as well and this can save straight to drop box but doesn't show any of the files I've saved in Pages in the file browser. I also have a file viewer from the App Store but this doesn't show those either.

Does anybody know a way or an app to do this?

Thank you.

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

There is a way, it's not hard to pull off, but it's a bit convoluted.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=927049&highlight=dropbox

I use this method, works excellently for me...I posted in the thread with some details on how you can make it better if you use gmail. :)

Oh and I got QO too, I hate it (for now, maybe it'll get better). Sticking with Pages. ;)

3. Dan14 thread starter macrumors regular

That's great, thanks. I was just playing about and found another way where you email the document to yourself then open the attachment on your ipad in quick office if you have it then save it from there to drop box.

Hassle! :D

4. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

haha yeah it's a bit of a hassle, although that sounds like even more of a hassle than the script method (too much opening and closing lol). :p

5. dcsatt macrumors member

+1
    Very slick. Works like a charm.