Output volume using dock cable.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryannazaretian, Jul 5, 2010.

1. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Just sent this feedback request to http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Just a little curious if anyone else has noticed this? I know I'm taking quite a big leap from a 1st Gen iPod Touch to a 4th Gen iPhone, but this still shouldn't be an issue.

2. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Bump?

I noticed all around the volume is pretty low. I've seen that mentioned in a few places. I find it hard to hear people I'm talking to unless I crank it up all the way.

3. TechJunky macrumors regular

I'm having what seems to be the same issue, only I'm using the headphones output to an Aux input in my car (Blitzsafe adapter). When the music is low, or between songs, there is a lot of hiss and interference noise. It happens on both mine and my wife's iphone4, but does not happen on our older 3G's, on either 3.2 or 4.0. :confused:

4. Reefbone macrumors regular

I called Blitzsafe on this and the owner did did some testing but they couldn't recreate it. They said I was the first to report this. I actually got a new phone thinking my unit was the issue but I got the same. The output is such that I have to have the iP4 turned all the way up or the volume falls off to nothing after about 85%. also way too much noise. I tested a 3G and 3GS and they don't have this issue at clea... crystal clear.

What helps is turning the EQ off and also turning off the Sound Check. Helps but does not fix it I should say

5. TechJunky macrumors regular

Cool. Yeh, I've got both EQ & SC turned off, but the hiss is still insane. It sounds like I'm listening to a cassette. It has to be something to do with the Blitzsafe receiving a lower signal. This combined with the ip4 sending a slightly lower signal makes the hiss audible. I've confirmed it also happens on my friend's ip4 on a different Blitzsafe adapter, different car. I've seen reports of different aftermarket headunits that also have the hiss only with the ip4. But I CANNOT reproduce this issue on my wife's Alpine headunit with a straight aux input through V-link.

6. Reefbone macrumors regular

Are you using the mini jack or the dock connector (I'm using the mini plug). I think (maybe) by going into General--> reset --> reset all settings that the hiss in significantly lower. This doesn't lose any data... you just lose some preferences that get set back to default.