Outstanding Apple Customer Support!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by darrenscerri, Mar 17, 2009.

1. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Hi everyone,
    I don't know if this is the right section to post but here it goes! So, I bought an iPod Touch (1G) in November 2007, and it has been running flawlessly till about last month. I used it a lot, every day, whether listening to music, watching movies, playing games, lots of experimental applications in the non-App Store days etc. But last month as I was using the iPod and wanting to return to the home screen, I tried to press the home button but it was stuck! I tried several ways to release the button but it was no use! The warranty expired 4 months ago so I had no hope of getting it fixed at an Apple Store, or rather an AASP (Apple Authorised Service Provider) as we don't have Apple Stores in Malta. But I went to this AASP and told them to try and fix the iPod. They told me to wait a few days so they can contact Apple and see if they can send the parts necessary. To cut a long story short, 4 days after, I receive a call from the AASP and a sales person told me that a new iPod Touch is waiting for me at the shop!

Yes, I got a new (Refurbished) sealed iPod Touch, with an expired warranty! I am very pleased with Apple's customer service and I now can ease my mind about my new UMBP 15" that Apple is there to support me in case of any problems in the future *knocks on wood*!

2. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

nowadays its not just apple but all major brands...

3. darrenscerri thread starter macrumors regular

darrenscerri

I had a lot of other devices such as mobile phones and computer peripherals which broke down, and even during the time when the warranty was still valid, were still refused of replacing/fixing.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

iThink it's really important that we post things like this. If you look around the board it becomes very frightening to see everyone's bad experiences. So congrats for your good experience.