Over 70 Quicktime Plist files in my Preferences folder!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrCheeto, Mar 14, 2010.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

As the title says, there are about 75 files in /User/Cheeto/Library/Preferences and are named "com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX.plist.*******" where the last asterisks represent a random string of alphanumeric digits.

What gives? I didn't find this on Google or MRoogle so I assume I've done SOMETHING wrong, as I am prone to and prefer to do just that. I have never had this problem before, it's the first time I've noticed so many files in my Preferences folder.

Thanks.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I have like 10, so I doubt you did something wrong.

3. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Have you used QuickTime X to export or trim any videos lately?

I notice that this seems to coincide with about thirty attempts at exporting several videos in X.

Dammit, why doesn't QuickTime X have Preferences?! Way to drop the ball, Apple.

4. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Thanks, but I came across the same forums and they STILL didn't reach any final conclusions as to what they are or how to prevent them.

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Did you read the last link? It is a bug and has been submitted to Apple. Maybe 10.6.3 will address it.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

The last link, which was referenced in the Apple Discussion threads. They never arrived at the answer there because they didn't bother reading, seems the same problem is happening here.

Right here:

8. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Man, how long have we been talking about 10.6.3 and all the great things it will bring to us? How many dot dot changes before Leopard was considered stable? Was it 10.5.5? Then they dump it only three dot dot updates later?

I hope Snow Leopard has a greater lifespan. Finally getting settled into a new home before all hell breaks loose again is annoying, to say the least. Leopard was only around for TWO YEARS, but with the drop of PowerPC support we can hope that working solely with the Intel architecture will bring leaps and bounds of advancements and less weight that is required for two binaries.

As well, I hope .3 will fix my damn hot corners, I need them! >8\