Over-Ear Headphones w/Mic for iPhone Phone Calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EW800, Jun 8, 2016.

1. EW800 macrumors 6502

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping for some suggestions in regard to over-ear headphones with microphone to use with my iPhone 6 Plus. I spend a lot of time on the phone in an office environment, completely by iPhone. I have been using the standard Apple Ear Buds, however I would like to switch to an over-ear solution, that is has high quality sound, as far as what I hear and the other party hears form me. Either wired or wireless would be fine.

Suggestions?

Thank you!!

2. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

I have some SkullCandy ones that I like. They are quite chunky though. They are wired but on a single wire rather than out of both sides and merging.

3. EW800 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! Do you by chance have the model number? I assume the sound quality both directions is good?

Thanks again!

4. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

I like them and the sound seems good from both sides. I can't find a model number though I'm afraid and I didn't keep the pack. I'll see if I can find a link to similar

5. EW800 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

6. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

Looking at the SC website, the crusher models look similar. It won't link to a specific page though,must skull candy.co.uk

7. EW800 thread starter macrumors 6502

Very good. Thanks again!

8. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Do you want active noise cancelation? If so the Bose QC 25 or 35 will work great. I find the QC35 which is wireless as well sound pretty good and the ANC blocks out most ambient noise and the higher frequency sounds are muffled a lot. Great to use in an office or a train, plane or etc

9. EW800 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! The QC35 looks very interesting. May I ask how it does as far as phone calls with the microphone being built into the ear piece? Any issues with that as far as the quality of what others hear?

10. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I never had any issues with them at all for either side but I only sampled it a few times.