iPad Pro over or under ordered?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sjleworthy, Nov 7, 2015.

1. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

what do you think demand will be like? I've seen sooooooo many conflicting reviews i haven't a clue. most here think it'll be a sellout before its even on the shelves, whilst other internet sources I've recently read said they'll be left propping up the shelves with not much interest pretty fast.

personally, i think the initial rush will be as per norm for Apple, outselling fast, but i cant see Apple falling into their usual short supply trap this time. i think within 2-3 or 4 weeks it'll be like popping to your local store to buy one.

i remember my wait and delays for the ipad 2

2. engineerben macrumors regular

engineerben

Funny you mention the iPad 2 - I waited until May to look for one, and they were still in short supply. Finally found the model I wanted at a Target store! I don't think this will be anything like the IP2 - for many, the IP2 was the first iPad they'd considered; now, in contrast, anybody who just wanted "a tablet" has one, and it's just (I suspect) those with specific use cases that are really hungry for this (not to mention the usual Apple fanboys, of course.)

How well has Apple (or more precisely, Apple's suppliers) prepared for this? That's the wild card...

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

The reason there are so many conflicting reports about the possible stock of iPad Pro units is because no one knows. This is a rather big departure from the norm, so no one knows how popular they are going to be, or what iteration is going to be popular over another. We'll just have to wait and see.

4. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

If Apple prices the iPad in the international market exactly to the USD exchange rate, it won't sell out, just too expensive for those countries where people don't get their pays in USD.

5. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

Well Apple didn't say what time to order or when they've even be IN stores. They said order sometime Wednesday and available sometime later this week in their OFFICIAL press release. Compare that to a new iPhone release or an Apple Watch release - I'm thinking it's going to be pretty dang easy to get an iPad Pro.

6. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Hahahaha. They never price their products at same USD exchange rates. They price them 20-50% higher. :D

Shame that with release of iPad Pro, my Air 2 will get step brotherly treatment when it comes to iOS optimizations.

7. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Lol. It will "flop" then :)

8. joeallen macrumors member

joeallen

That's hardly ever the case... Most of the time the prices overseas are higher than just the exchanged USD value.

Also, if it were just the USD exchange then the monetary value would be exactly the same, so it wouldn't be any more 'expensive' even if the actual number you see is higher.

Products also normally sell out just as fast.

9. kring macrumors regular

kring

I just came from the pre-order thread and there are like 4 people who plan to buy it. I think demand will be low compared to other iPads sales volume.

10. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

maybe people want to see the ipad pro first in stores before buying. How it looks, feels and works. It's an exciting product but now with competition and the price tag people may need to think about it. To me it's a gorgeous product today I saw the 12.3 inch Samsung tablet it was big but manageable. With Apple's build quality and ios 9 with flying a9x processor and 3gb ram it should be a sellout for fans but business oriented people they will watch and buy.