Over past 24hours battery life is really bad and dramatically different

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bababoey14, Aug 25, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

So like a week ago my iphone 4 jammed up....just kept vibrating and wouldn't respond...took me like 30 mins to reset it. Now yesterday all day I got pretty bad battery life with min usage. I charged my phone to 100% before going to bed and this morning I have already lost 13% and down to 87%.

What should I do?? Nothing much has really changed over the past few days....could that "episode" have damaged my battery???? Not sure why the phone just kept vibrating.....

2. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

No...don't have skype on it. Only new apps are a couple free games like Cash cab and that Ninjajump game

Do you know if I take it to an apple store can they test the battery? How do they determine if it is working right and how long does it take??

3. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Takes no time. They plug it in and most likely will swap it out for a different phone.

What are your settings tho on the phone?

4. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Check Push Notifications?
    I know it may sound dumb it's usually the obvious things people forget xD

5. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Only my yahoo pushes and that has not changed since I've had the phone. I deleted a bunch of the stuff that was in the background under "multi-tasking". Also turned my phone on/off. Let's see how it does today. I've had my phone for about 2 months now so hopefully there's still a warranty if the battery is going bad.

6. ddavid macrumors regular

Is your usage and standby the same? If so, do a hard reset to kill any rogue app running in the background.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

This. Try a hard reset first.

I had excellent battery life and then all of a sudden it just started to drop dramatically.

I did a hard reset and the battery life has gone back to being excellent again.

8. Limey77 macrumors regular

I had the same thing happen to me and it turned out that the 3G tower near me was faulty so the phone kept trying to log on but couldn't.

I was didn't work out what was causing the drain for days as I usually use WiFi at home and not 3G.

Try accessing the internet on 3G. If you are unable to then there could be a problem with the cell tower so call you provider and get them to check.

If you can get the internet on 3G then it's something else.