Over ride double tap of home button on 4.0?

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Okay, I know in iOS4 if you double tap the home button it gives you the multitasking option...is there a way to override that so the double tap can be ipod controls?

Im still on 3.1.3 waiting for the jailbreak 3gs, so I was just curious if a way existed for those who have been able to jailbreak their device.

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
Okay, I know in iOS4 if you double tap the home button it gives you the multitasking option...is there a way to override that so the double tap can be ipod controls?

Im still on 3.1.3 waiting for the jailbreak 3gs, so I was just curious if a way existed for those who have been able to jailbreak their device.
once you double tap, swipe to the right and that's your ipod.

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
But wont that force me to go into the ipod? I would just like the controls to pop up when Im in another app
When you double tap, the multitasking tray pops up. When you swipe left, there are rewind, play, and fast forward buttons, as well as an orientation lock option and the iPod.app icon.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
It would be nice to be able to customize the double tap.
Hope activator or another package will accomplish that.
Seriously. My favorite thing about past iPhone functionality was that at anytime I needed to make an urgent call to anyone on my Favorites list all I had to do was double click the Home button and bam. Now that same call takes a doube click, swipe until the phone appears, go to Phone, then go to favorites...that's lazy me though. I don't use Voice Control that much, it'd be nice to replace that command with a Users choice

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Seriously. My favorite thing about past iPhone functionality was that at anytime I needed to make an urgent call to anyone on my Favorites list all I had to do was double click the Home button and bam. Now that same call takes a doube click, swipe until the phone appears, go to Phone, then go to favorites...that's lazy me though. I don't use Voice Control that much, it'd be nice to replace that command with a Users choice
Same here.
Hope they put out something for that.

DjPiLL

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2009
No ipod controls are build into the dock.

So is there any way to activate the iphone dock controls as stated in the above post with iOS 4?

I have all music videos in my music library. I just wished there was a way to minimize the music video and keep the audio playing while working in another application like mail.

I can't believe such a simple operation is not included in the iphone OS.

anthony10292

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009
In Cydia, there is an install called Disable iOS4 Multitaksing. I tried it last night and the double taps brings up your favorittes, ipod, etc. The customize double tap home button appears in settings. Multitasking is disabled so just download Backgrounder. The package is located in the Sinful iPhone Repo, http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/

steste

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
Just changed the double tap settings using activator on my 3Gs running 4.0. Works fine.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Didn't see favorites either. Changed my double tap to ipod instead. Multitask is now double tapping the status bar for me. Seems a bit easier.