Carrier Overages iPad t-mobile

Discussion in 'iPad' started by magilla1981, Nov 4, 2013.

1. magilla1981 macrumors newbie

Ive not given tmobile a credit card or anything past my name and address. So my question is when my new iPad goes over the 200mb of data? Do they try to bill me? Or do they cut off my account? I'm just wondering if I need to monitor my data usage?

2. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

From what I gather, once your 200mb limit is reached you'll be prompted to purchase more data at that time for 1 day or 1 week. I'm sure it'll kick you to billing a that point. I think 1 day was $5 for 100mb or 200mb, not sure and 1 week was $10 for a Gig.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

$1/kb, charged directly to your card.

j/k.

Why would you not ask t-Mobile what they intend to do with your card before giving to them?

4. enjoimorenow macrumors newbie

once your limit is reached, your data will be cut off. They will prompt you and give you the option to purchase additional data at that point. If you decide not to, you will have to wait until the next billing cycle to use data again. Of course you will still have the option to purchase additional data at any time until the next billing cycle as well.

Did you even read his post?

Not once did he ask "what is TMO going to do with my credit card before I give it to them"

He said, I didn't give tmo my CC, what happens when I run out of data....

5. magilla1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive got an ATT sim I can use at that point, since they've already got all my info and devices.

I'm just using tmobile for their free data :)

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

He didn't give them a card.

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I can't be sure what their policy on the new 200mb deal is as its so new but the typical way T-mo handles data overage is throttling data speed. None of their current plans charge overages.

8. protoxx macrumors 6502

protoxx

When you use up the 200m of free data it will stop and give you a nag(offer) of the chance to buy data. (day/weekmonthly pass)