Overall Equalizer for mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ender land, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ender land macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to get a system wide equalizer for a macbook pro? I know you can use the one built into things like iTunes but I would like to be able to control all the audio out on my laptop.

From searching it does not appear to be the case but I was not able to find much outside of "use the iTunes equalizer!"

I have a nice stereo system and would prefer to be able to control the eq from my mbp after setting the stereo up instead of changing them based on the particular thing I am creating audio out with (movies, iTunes, grooveshark, etc).

Thanks in advance.

2. kjos8035 macrumors member

I'd be interested in this as well. I've come to just accept a terrible eq listening to my mbp hooked up to my high end M&K surround system and Denon AVR 791 via optical. The audio is insane, but outside of iTunes the EQ is left to be desired.

3. ender land thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know, right?

I have a hard time with this too. I can control things nicely from iTunes but otherwise it's really hard. It does not seem there is any way built into the mbp to do this from searching settings.

Is there a good app for this?

4. tdnate1 macrumors newbie

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

If you sound system is that good, you don't need an equalizer to alter the sound. Everything should be left flat so you can hear the music as it was meant to be heard.

Just my two cents.

6. ender land thread starter macrumors 6502a

This works great if the EQ is consistent across all apps and the only device you use is your laptop, but I happen to use my stereo system with a whole variety of devices and tuning it to work best with just my laptop is not necessarily the way I want to go about it.